Aragon United Methodist Church was originally founded in 1901 as Aragon Methodist Episcopal Church. Through the years, Aragon has seen several times of historic difficulty, specifically during the 1921 fire and another fire in 1984 which burned the entire building. In spite of the history, the church has remained a beacon in the city of Aragon as a place of hope and new life.
Some of the favorite features of the church include the stained glass window of the shepherd Jesus with his sheep that overlooks highway 101, the memorial garden, and the newest addition of the fellowship hall which was added in in 2004. In the fellowship hall we host several annual events, as well as a weekly Boy Scout Troop and other community focused events.